We attach great importance to your privacy and hence we collect and use your personal data or data of the entity you are representing only as required to provide the applicable content to you.
2. When do we collect your information?
We collect information from you when you navigate on our website, consume our content, make donations, contact our support, complete contact forms and surveys, and subscribe to newsletters.
3. What information do we collect?
Information we collect on this website includes the following.
- Entity names
- Email addresses
- Phone and fax numbers
- Credit card information in the case of donations
- Government identification numbers (identity card numbers and entity registration numbers)
- Donations including the dates, requests, and any information collected when you contact our support
- Computer cookies on our website or any of our software applications to collect, track, and analyse data including IP addresses, usage time, browsers, languages, operating systems, devices, metadata, log files, page load, DNS, network and server configurations relating to your use of our website and consumption of our content for better user experience purposes
- User data about you collected from third-party sources whose providers shall inform you that your personal data will be disclosed to and used by us for your better user experience purposes
4. Why do we collect the information?
We collect such user data in order to:
- Provide our content and ongoing support to you
- Improve and personalise our services
- Identify and fix issues related to our website and content
- Enhance security and prevent fraud and abuse of our website and content
- Contact you for marketing and promotional purposes
- Create statistics to improve our website and content
- Comply with laws and regulations
5. How do we share personal information with third parties?
We may share your personal information under the following circumstances:
- with the third parties who we work with to allow us to use their products and services with a view to offering our content to you including, but not limited to, domains, themes, data centres, credit cards, client communication and management, marketing, advertisements, and surveys
- with anyone who acquires our business
6. How do we protect your personal information with law enforcement units?
To comply with the law or prevent any suspected illegal activities, we cooperate with law enforcement units by disclosing your personal information to law enforcement officials in our sole discretion. In this regard, we will notify you in due course.
7. How do we protect your personal information across borders?
8. How do we protect your personal information with respect to GDPR?
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA), we transfer your personal information subject to the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in accordance with Chapter V of the GDPR. For details, you may read the International Dimension of Data Protection provided by the European Commission.
If you have questions, concerns or complaints regarding our collection, maintenance, use or protection of your personal information, you may contact us at email@example.com. We will look into and resolve such questions, concerns or complaints. Alternatively, you may contact your local supervisory authority overseeing the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) matters.
9. How do we protect your personal information through third-party websites, cookies, web tracking apps, targeted advertisements?
Our website, mobile apps, social media channels, or other online platforms to offer and hence improve our website and content may contain links to third-party websites which have their own privacy policies. It is your own responsibility to carefully read their privacy policies of these third-party websites.
Cookies are downloaded and stored on your device. If you wish to remove or block any cookies, you may refer to the Help section of your web browser on how to locate the cookies. However, removing or blocking cookies may prevent you from accessing some of our content in the future. For more information about controlling cookies, please visit the website of the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office on cookies.
You may see targeted advertisements based on your activities and interests on our websites, mobile apps, social media channels, and third-party websites while browsing. These third-party websites may use various web tracking technologies to gather such information. If you wish to opt out of targeted advertisements, you may visit Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, Digital Advertising Alliance in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance. You will still receive non-specific advertisements after you opt out of targeted advertisements.
10. How do we handle Do Not Track (DNT) signals?
Since there is no industry consensus as to how to respond to DNT signals, we do not change our information collection and usage practices when we receive such a signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application.
11. How do we protect your personal information through our communication with you?
To offer our website content or suggestions to you directly by us and/or through a third-party partner or service provider, we may communicate with you directly or through a third party by email, phone, and/or text messages.
You may send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org your preferences on how we and/or our third-party partners or service providers communicate with you, including removing all or part of your personal information if you believe you or someone have mistakenly provided us with such piece of information.
12. How can you access, update, or remove your personal information?
You may request to access and update your personal information by sending us an email to email@example.com.
You may request to remove your personal information but if such information is necessary for using our website and content we are providing or will provide, it will be honoured only to the extent that you discontinue your use of our website and content or required for our legal record keeping purposes.
13. How do we secure and retain your personal information?
We secure your personal information during transmission and storage according to industry standards like encryption, firewalls, etc. to protect against unlawful data loss, disclosure, and misuse.
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with our content.
We may continue to retain all or part of your personal information even after you discontinue using our website and content as necessary to comply with the law by retaining business records, to prevent fraud and abuse, and to enforce our contractual rights.
If you believe that your personal data or privacy rights have been infringed, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom.